One to try over the festive period, our raspberry, almond and sloe gin trifle layered with Raspberry Trifle yoghurt really is mouthwatering… it’s a real Christmas crowd-pleaser!
Alrighty, you’ll need:
- 1 large bag of amoretti biscuits
- 200ml sloe gin
- 200g frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 600ml double cream
- 1 1⁄2 tubs of The Collective’s Raspberry Trifle yoghurt
- 50g flaked almonds
- 5 biscotti biscuits
Now you need to:
- Pour 200ml of sloe gin into a flat tray or tub. Measure how many Amoretti biscuits fit one layer of your trifle dish, and soak four times that number – we soaked 32!
- Make the raspberry coulis by popping the frozen raspberries in a pan and softening on a high heat with 1 tbsp. of icing sugar. Reduce this down until the liquid thickens and looks syrupy. Place in the fridge (or freezer) to cool.
- Whip the double cream until just stiff, but still free enough to work with (if you whip it too stiff, it’s hard to layer into the dish!)
- Now the fun part – layer that trifle! (You can either do this with spoons, or piping bags, whichever takes your fancy)
- I start with a double layer of soaked amoretti biscuits, followed by a layer of Raspberry Trifle yoghurt, followed by whipped cream, fresh raspberries, raspberry coulis, and then I repeat this until the bowl is full.
- Top with flaked almonds, crumbled biscotti biscuits, and a few freeze-dried raspberries!
If you have a go at our raspberry and almond trifle, then share it with us on social media and tag us in your creations!
Facebook – thecollectiveinuk
Twitter – collectivedairy
Instagram – thecollectiveuk
Credit: Sasha Holt